The purpose of the survey is to obtain detailed information about Québec’s industrial port zones. This would allow the government and local committees responsible for preparing development plans for these zones to enhance the strengths and highlight the characteristics of the zones and improve investment efforts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Institut de la statistique du Québec?
2. How was my establishment selected?
3. Who has access to the information submitted?
4. How can I make sure that you are from Statistique Québec?
5. Is my establishment obligated to fill out the questionnaire?
6. Can I have a copy of the Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec?
7. When I try to access the questionnaire, I get an error message. What should I do?
What is the Institut de la statistique du Québec?
The Institut de la statistique du Québec, also known as Statistique Québec, is a government agency whose mission is to produce, analyze and disseminate official, objective and quality statistics on all aspects of Québec society.
How was my establishment selected?
Every establishment located within an industrial port zone and operating in one of the following sectors was chosen to participate in this survey: Mining and quarrying (except oil and gas) (NAICS 212), Natural gas distribution (NAICS 2212), Manufacturing (NAICS 31-33), Wholesale trade (NAICS 41), Transportation (NAICS 48) and Warehousing (NAICS 49). Your establishment was selected at random from Statistics Canada’s Business Register (BR) database, which lists all businesses in Québec. A criterion about a minimum number of employees per establishment was applied to certain industrial port zones.
Who has access to the information submitted?
Only duly authorized personnel at Statistique Québec have access to individual data, which represents a limited number of people. The Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec guarantees the confidentiality of all the data collected. In addition, all Statistique Québec employees take an oath before a commissioner and are bound to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of the data they gather.
When the survey findings are published, data is aggregated in order to protect participant anonymity.
We have request for which we are seeking your consent:
- Consent to share your contact information (the name of your establishment, as well as your name, e-mail and telephone number) with the local committee responsible for preparing the development plan for your industrial port zone so that they could get in touch with you to discuss certain issues. In the interest of confidentiality, the local committee would not be sent your answers to the questionnaire.
Given the importance of the survey, Statistique Québec has determined that participation in this survey is mandatory, as set out in the Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec.
Can I have a copy of the Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec?
You can consult the Act on the Publications Québec website. If you prefer, we can also mail or fax you a copy of the Act (14-page document).
You can contact the Direction de la gestion de la collecte by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-561-0213. Please mention the name of the survey (Survey of industrial Port Zone), as well as provide your name and contact information.
We will respond to your request within 24 hours during our office hours, which are from Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.