The objective of this survey is to report on the state of workplace training practices and to better target the actions that promote the development and recognition of skills.
Frequently Asked Questions1. What is the Institut de la statistique du Québec?
2. How was my organization selected?
3. Why is my organization selected in several of your surveys?
4. Who has access to the information submitted?
5. How can we make sure that you are from Statistique Québec?
6. Does my organization have to respond to the questionnaire?
7. How can we learn about the results of this survey?
8. Can I have a copy of the Act respecting the ISQ?
9. When I try to access the questionnaire, I get an error message. What should I do?
What is the Institut de la statistique du Québec?
The Institut de la statistique du Québec, also known as Statistique Québec, is a government agency whose mission is to produce, analyse and disseminate official, objective and quality statistics on all aspects of Québec society.
Why is my organization selected in several of your surveys?
The Institut de la statistique du Québec always selects its samples randomly. However, in making this selection, it must consider the sectors of economic activity, the different regions and the size of the companies from which results are expected. Moreover, for some surveys, the input from larger companies is so important that many must be selected to obtain reliable results. Your company is either quite large, located in a sector of economic activity or a region that does not have many companies or selected two (or several) times purely at random.
Who has access to the information submitted?
Only duly authorized responsible individuals at the Institut de la statistique du Québec have access to individual data, representing a limited number of people. The Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec guarantees the confidentiality of all the data collected. All of the staff at the Institut have sworn an oath before a commissioner and are bound to maintain the secrecy and confidentiality of the data gathered.
When the survey results are published, data is aggregated in order to protect participant anonymity.
Does my organization have to respond to the questionnaire?
Your participation is essential to ensure a good level of representativeness among organizations of all sizes and in various activity sectors.
Given the importance of the survey, the director general of Statistique Québec has determined that participation in this survey is mandatory, as provided for by the Act respecting the Institut de la statistique du Québec.
How can we learn about the results of this survey?
The results of the 2014 survey are available on the website of the Commission des partenaires du marché du travail (CPMT) (in French only).
Can I have a copy of the Act respecting the ISQ?
You can access the Act on the website of Publications Québec. If you prefer, we can also send you a copy of the Act by mail or by fax (14-page document).
- Ensure you have correctly entered your identifier.
- You can contact the Direction des stratégies et des opérations de collecte by phone at 1-800-561-0213 or by email at email@example.com. Please mention the name of the Survey of Workplace Training Practices, your name, and your contact information.