The Québec Survey on the Quality of Educational Childcare 2014, also known as the Grandir en qualité survey, measures the quality of childcare services for children 0 to 5 years of age in regulated childcare establishments. Groups of children were observed for an entire day, which enabled a quality assessment using a measuring instrument based on the educational program Meeting Early Childhood Needs, brought forward by the Ministère de la Famille. Results are presented for two types of childcare services (childhood centres and unsubsidized day care centres) and two age groups (infants and children 18 months to 5 years of age). In the case of childhood centres, the evolution of the quality of education since 2003 was also analyzed. The study also presents factors associated with the quality measured by the survey (for example, the characteristics of the groups of children, the educators and the managers). A total of 560 groups of children were analyzed from February to June 2014, specifically 321 in childhood centres and 239 in unsubsidized day care centres.
- Volume 1 - Méthodologie et description de l’enquête (1.5 MB) (in French only)
- Volume 2 - Qualité des services de garde éducatifs dans les centres de la petite enfance (CPE) (5.6 MB) (in French only)
- Volume 3 - Qualité des services de garde éducatifs dans les garderies non subventionnées (GNS) (4.7 MB) (in French only)
- La qualité éducative dans les installations de centres de la petite enfance : Faits saillants (3.9 MB) (in French only)
- La qualité éducative dans les garderies non subventionnées : Faits saillants (2.8 MB) (in French only)
- Release date: December 14, 2015