In recent decades, domestic violence has become a major social concern. This report, « La violence conjugale envers les hommes et les femmes, au Québec et au Canada, 1999 », to describe the prevalence of domestic violence as well as the characteristics of victims and perpetrators aims.
The nine chapters of this book deal with various aspects of the situation of domestic violence in Quebec and in Canada in 1999:
- prevalence of violence
- typology of contexts of violence
- questioning of Johnson's typology
- consequences of violence
- psychopathology and generality of violence
- lternative approach to a typology of situations of violence
- police intervention
- support and assistance received by victims
This report is to update the study « La violence conjugale envers les femmes », published in 1996 in the book Living conditions in Quebec. However, a statistical portrait presents more detailed the prevalence of domestic violence analysis, and it also offers data on violence reported by men from their wives and ex-wife.
- La violence conjugale envers les hommes et les femmes au Québec et au Canada, 1999 (in French only)
- Release date: October 2003