The physical activity level of the population has a profound influence on health and well-being. Therefore, it is essential to have the most accurate information possible on the subject, which is the purpose of this study.
This study presents the results of a survey on leisure and transport related physical activity conducted using a representative sample of the 15 year old and over population. This survey provides a vast array of pertinent data on the situation in Québec in the past decade. Among other things, it takes a look at:
- physical activity levels of the population and changes in these levels;
- determining factors in the practice of recreational physical activities;
- various factors related to this practice;
- seasonal variation in physical activity level;
- the most popular leisure and transport;
- related physical activities.
This document also includes recommendations on how to improve the level of physical activity of the population and provides several research avenues.
- Enquête québécoise sur l'activité physique et la santé (1.93 MB) (in French only)
- Release date: June 21, 2002