The indicators presented in this section show the number of articles, notes and summaries published in natural sciences and engineering scientific journals indexed in the Thomson Reuters© Web of Science® databank. This databank contains several databases, including the Science Citation Index ExpandedTM which lists over 8,500 of the world’s most important scientific and technical journals.
The publication count is based on the date of publication rather than on the date of indexing in the database. Therefore, the indicators better reflect the actual annual output of researchers. However, the data for the last available year are partly incomplete.
- Les publications scientifiques en sciences naturelles et génie (2013)
- Les publications scientifiques en SNG et l’importance de la collaboration (2010)
Tables (in French only)
- Number of publications and share, 1980-2012
- Number of publications per 100,000 inhabitants, 1980-2012
- Distribution of publications by field, 1980-2012
- Distribution of publications by sector, 1980-2012
- Percentage of publications in international collaboration, 1980-2012
- Percentage of publications in collaboration, 1980-2012
- Percentage of publications without collaboration, 1980-2012
- Specialization index by field, 1980-2012
- Distribution of publications by sector and field, Quebec, 1980-2012
- Specialization index by sector and field, Quebec, 1980-2012