The publication Portrait statistique du secteur manufacturier au Québec contains a set of indicators that are very useful for monitoring the evolution of the manufacturing sector in Québec. It presents, in the form of highlights, descriptive analyses based on comparisons with the other provinces and comparisons between manufacturing subsectors in Québec. The last section of the document adds a regional perspective.
The chosen indicators address the following topics:
- Share of the manufacturing sector in the Québec economy,
- Manufacturing output as measured by real GDP,
- Sales of goods manufactured,
- Industrial product prices,
- Destination of goods manufactured,
- Number of employees and average weekly earnings,
- Labour productivity,
- Cost structure,
- Capital expenditures,
- Intramural R&D expenditures,
- The relative importance of the manufacturing sector for administrative regions
as measured by nominal GDP.
- Portrait statistique du secteur manufacturier au Québec, édition 2013 (in French only)
- Release date: July 24, 2013